Friday, June 15, 2007

Briefing for a Descent Into Oregon

Day Zero: I'm free! (At least temporarily)

The van's all packed and we have room to spare. It's truly amazing how much some of that camping equipment weighs. Who needs string theory? I think the deceleration of the universe is probably tied directly to the creation of rubber/plastic air mattresses.

I've taken a vow not to check work email until at least Wednesday. Hopefully by then, I'll have kicked the habit and I won't want to any more. The laptop comes with me, though. We've come to rely on the internet way too much to "do it the old way" and actually find a phone book.

Tomorrow morning, we head for Crater Lake, Oregon.

2 comments:

Garney said...

nice S&G reference

Traveler 0019 said...

You may get some people you don't know commenting. I sent my readers over to harass you.

Hope you're having fun. :)