Tuesday, June 12, 2007

In the Time Before Time

Arrggh!

What's the last thing you want when you're about to leave for a cross country bloggin' road trip? Aside from horrible boils and a bad case of the selenium poisoning, I would offer the following: a computer crash.

Normally, such a thing would be a trivial matter for I am blessed with a special kind of magic: electronic heal (that's 2d20 for you D&D geeks out there). Forget laying of hands and ritual exorcism, hardware has been known to heal itself just as I walk up to see what is wrong.

But alas, not this time. For my past transgressions, I have been relagated to that small corner of hell inhabited by screen resolutions half of what I am used to and main memory one fourth of what normally runs my machine. Yep, I have the Dreaded Loaner. I guess that'll keep me from working too much this trip.

2 comments:

Traveler 0019 said...

Good god. I thought "brother" and "blog" would never touch the same sentence.

Have a great trip :)

Cherie said...

Be careful what you're saying about the 'laying on of hands' mister.. the universe will come and get you for that!